Project Fees and Costs - No Fundraising Needed!
VSI Project Fees (short/long term)
VSI is a voluntary, non-profit organisation. In order to sustain our work, we need to charge our volunteers a Project Fee.
How much is the project fee?
International projects (rest of world)
Please note we can't process your application until we receive the Project Fee.
What does this fee include?
- The administration costs involved in your placement.
- Basic SCI Insurance policy while on projects in Europe and North America (contact VSI for details of cover and limitations).
- Food and accommodation while on the project.
- Membership of VSI for one year. As a member of VSI, you will receive regular news bulletins keeping you up to date with VSI news, events and volunteer opportunities both within and outside of VSI.
- Your participation at the VSI Preparation Workshops for volunteers and Evaluation Workshop on your return.
- Back up and support at all stages of your volunteer project
What's not included?
- Volunteers have to cover travel to the country and internal travel to/from the projects.
- Volunteers have to cover visa fees (if any).
- Most partner organisations in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Iceland charge an extra fee (from €150-€250) which the volunteer will have to pay on arrival. This will be stated in the project description.
How can I pay?
Go to the section Payments on the VSI website and follow the simple instructions.
Cancellations and refunds
If you have to cancel your application, please let us know immediately. Once placed on a project of your choice, you will not be entitled to a refund of your Project Fee, apart from exceptional cases. However, if we are unable to place you on a project, we will refund you Project fee (minus your VSI membership fee), you will remain a member of VSI for one year.
If you would like to support VSI's work, you can also donate here.