Voluntary Service International Website Privacy Statement
The Voluntary Service International (VSI) Website
This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such. Some technical terms used in this statement are explained at the end of this page.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information for the purposes of this document is information that can identify an individual such as name, address, contact details. VSI does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example by e-mailing us or by using our online feedback form). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties, and is used only in line with the purpose for which you provided it. Your personal data may also be anonymised and used for statistical purposes.
Collection and use of technical information
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged for our statistical purposes. The technical details logged include the following items:
- the IP address of your internet connection
- the type of browser you are using
- the date and time you accessed our site
- the pages you have accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous website address from where you reached us, including any search terms used.
VSI will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. This information is used to allow us improve the information we are supplying to our users, find out how many people are visiting our sites and for statistical purposes. Some of the above information is used to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, discover what information is most and least used, inform us on future design and layout specifications, and help us make our site more user friendly.
Glossary of technical terms used
- web browser - The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
- IP address - The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company's computer), expressed in "internet protocol" code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
- cookies - Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a web site. Cookies can be read by the web site on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the web site can "remember" you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the web site.
Voluntary Service International (VSI)
30 Mountjoy Square
Tel: 01 855 1011