Call for Volunteer Project Coordinators for Killarney National Park projects 2019!
5 Dec 2018
Apply and take the opportunity to coordinate an International Volunteer Project in Killarney National Park for 2 weeks in summer 2019!
Would you like to…
develop team management and project coordination skills?
experience an amazing adventure with a group of international volunteers (+18)?
contribute to building understanding among people from different cultures and nationalities?
If so, go on, apply!
Application deadline closes on the 8th of April 2019 and the shortlisting process will take place.
What we offer:
- Two-days training covering: group dynamics, cooperation in an international environment, project management, etc (The training is free of charge for participants!)
- Access to educational materials and additional trainings in Ireland and abroad
- Coordination of a project with accommodation, food and travel expenses to and from the volunteering site covered (within Ireland).
- VSI support before, during and after the project.
- Evaluation of your experience and your learning.
- Project Coordinator Certificate (after your participation in the project).
The Coordinator's role involves volunteering with a group of Irish and international volunteers in Killarney National Park for 2 weeks during the summer. The Project Coordinator will help volunteers settle in, organise the group on a daily basis, support good group dynamics, promote intercultural exchange and help to organise free-time activities as well as educate volunteers on VSI’s values and topics such as environmental protection through non-formal education methods.
Killarney National Park Woodland Conservation Project, 16 June - 29 June 2019
Killarney National Park Woodland Conservation Project, 7 July – 27 Jul 2019
Killarney National Park Woodland Conservation Project, 28 July – 10 Aug 2019
Killarney National Park Woodland Conservation Project, 11 Aug – 24 Aug 2019
- Age 21 or older
- Have some volunteering experience
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Experience of working with international groups or running workshops would be useful as well as knowledge and some experience in youth work or the voluntary and community sector.
We are looking forward to your application!
Would you like to find out more about the role and the projects? Contact Mateja (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a ring at +353 1 855 1011.