Glebe House seeks long term volunteers
20 Aug 2015
Project Description: Glebe House is a residential and Day activity centre, owned by Harmony Community Trust, in Northern Ireland. It was partly set up in 1975 by Irish and British members of Service Civil International. Since then Harmony Community Trust has been practically and tenaciously working for a fair, inclusive society that respects and cherishes each person's humanity, dignity, aspirations, ideas and needs, where each person can determine and re-create their own identity, rather than conform to sectarian, national, ethnic or social stereotypes, myths or stigmas.
Glebe House is situated 3 miles outside the village of Strangford which is about 30 miles southeast of Belfast.
- We are looking for volunteers, who are interested in working with adults and children on a wide range of community relation’s activities at the Glebe House Centre.
- The volunteers will also have the opportunity to work in the gardens and activity areas and help with ongoing repairs and future developments at the centre.
- The volunteers are needed to assist with the Glebe House programme and will be fully involved in every aspect of it. They will assist in organising and joining in activity sessions, going on trips out, taking part in and running activities.
- The volunteers will also share responsibilities for the associated routines of running the Glebe House centre, including looking after our Donkeys.
- All volunteers will receive training
Working Hours: 35 hours approx per week. The actual working hours will depend on the activity volunteers are involved in e.g. residential holiday.
Accommodation and Food: Free food and accommodation is provided. Volunteers will assist with cooking and cleaning. The house has all modern facilities. Volunteer expenses of £25.00 per week.
How to apply: Complete the LTV application form Closing Date: 1 September 2015