Volunteers needed for projects in Ireland, Italy, Iceland and Czech Republic
15 Jun 2015
- Italy: Solidarity with Ethiopia is a two week project in late August in Imola. Volunteers will help organise a huge flea market to sell donated clothes, household goods etc for projects in Ethiopia. Study sessions on development themes will also be held.
- Italy: Festa per la Libertà dei Popol in Ancona is a multicultural festival held each July. The themes of common living, interculturalism , peace and non violence providing an international dimension will be debated and discussed. Volunteers will assist the local community with the practical organisation of the festiva.
- Ireland:Grangebeg Camphill Community, Co. Kildare a one week project in August helping the community with landscaping work and erecting a small wind turbine
- Ireland: Killarney National Park a two week project involving a team of Irish and international volunteers helping to clear rhododendron saplings from areas of the park
- Czech Republic Bee Education Centre, Ostrava,–volunteers will assist with many practical tasks at the museum and gardens of the centre for 2 weeks in August. The study theme will be about bee keeping and the local Moravian culture
- Iceland: To the centre of the earth - Snæfellsjökull – a two week environmental project in July in the national park near the glacier Snæfellsjökul. Volunteers will assist with nature trails and hiking paths
Visit our Project Database to see hundreds of projects in need of volunteers this year.