SCI Italy is looking for an EVS volunteer
SCI Italy is looking for a volunteer to work with them in the office in La Citta dell’ Utopia, starting in December 2018 for 12 months.
About the hosting organization:
Servizio Civile Internazionale (SCI Italia) is the Italian branch of Service Civil International network (SCI).It is based in Rome and is supported by several regional and local groups of activists. Regional and local groups deal with training activities and the promotion of volunteering in various Italian regions, supporting the work of the National Secretariat.
In Rome, San Paolo neighborhood, SCI Italia has been carrying out “La Citta dell' Utopia” project since 2003, which plays a significant role at local and international level and where groups of young people, migrants, older residents and students come together in an attempt to make a better and more inclusive city.
Profile of volunteers:
- have good command of English
- have good command of Italian
- be able to work in a team
- have good communication skills and motivation to cooperate with colleagues and SCI Italia’s activists
- have good educational and social skills, to be able to work with several target groups
- motivated to learn and share knowledge and skills
- have good computer skills (Ubuntu or Microsoft Office, email, internet)
- have a responsible attitude and take initiative towards her/his tasks
- have administrative and organizational skills
- open mind and flexible attitude towards working hours
- facilitate the smooth implementation of daily activities run by local and international volunteers (individuals or groups), i.e. placement, seminars, meetings etc.
- contribute to and support the organization of public events related to active citizenship, freedom of movement, sustainable lifestyles and social inclusion, i.e. Social Cafè, Organic market etc...
- support the dissemination of SCI Italia’s activities and campaigns
- assistance in designing promotional material or online communication -related tasks
It’s important that the volunteer develops as well as his/her “personal project” in relation to aims, objectives and activities of SCI Italy.
La Citta dell’ Utopia, double shared room in a flat with other international volunteers (up to four more)
If you are interested in this project send your CV and motivation letter in English. Your motivation letter should answer the following questions:
- Why did you choose SCI Italia and this particular project?
- What do you expect to learn and experience during your EVS?
- What can you bring to the work of SCI?
Please indicate the name of the project you are applying for on the subject of the e-mail and send it to email@example.com. Deadline for application: 19th November 2018
The European Voluntary Service (EVS) is an EU funded programme that gives young people (aged 18 to 30) the opportunity to volunteer in an organisation abroad. The funding covers travel expenses to and from the project as well as accommodation, food, a small personal allowance (”pocket money”), insurance, language training and local transport during the project.