Voluntary Service International is a membership organisation and we rely on the enthusiasm, dynamism and experience of members to ensure that we remain a vibrant and relevant organisation. Many members are active in supporting the various programmes, projects and events which VSI organises each year. The various programmes including - the International Volunteer Projects Programme, the Teenage Programme, the Long Term Volunteering Programme ; the Dublin Local Group Programme - are run by working groups made up of volunteers, supported by the VSI staff team.
Annual Membership costs: €30 (waged individuals) or €15 (unwaged individuals/students or €2 for asylum seekers/refugees).
New Life Membership: €300
Join Us and Get Involved
Voluntary Service International is open to all who support our aims.
To become a member -
- You can complete the online membership form here
- You can download and complete our membership form and post or email to the VSI office -info @ vsi.ie
- Pay your membership fee online here through Pay Pal
- Send a cheque or postal order payable to VSI to VSI, 30 Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1
- Complete and sign a Standing Order Form and return to VSI
'Get outdoors and have fun' a training seminar for young people from the Caucasus region held in Wicklow September 2012
Benefits of membership
- Access to a wide range of local, national and international volunteering opportunities
- Regular membership updates and volunteering news through bulletins and facebook
- Opportunities to get involved with ongoing projects and events in Ireland
- Regular international bulletins from SCI
- Invites to training and seminar opportunities in Ireland and abroad
- Invitation to our AGM and the opportunity to contribute your ideas to VSI
VSI employ 3 full time and 2 part time staff (see list below). including an European Voluntary Service volunteer helping with our International Volunteer Projects programme.
- Coordinator - Tom Ryder
- Volunteer Programme Coordinator - Helen Walmsley
- Teenage Programme Coordinator - Vacant
- International Volunteer Projects EVS Volunteer - Masha Buldakova
- Administrator - Hilary Troy
VSI hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) in November to which all members are invited. The AGM elects a National Committee (Board) which manages the affairs of VSI until the following years AGM.
Workcamp Group Photo Tigh Na Siochain project, Co. Tipperary 1987